Monday, April 27, 2009

Sketch Day 92 Wrong Number


Coleman "Wrong Number" Jones has been a mainstay on the Southern Blues Club circuit for nearly 50 years. His distinctive "let your little finger fly free" guitar style and hoarse in the throat singing has been sampled by everyone from Kool Moe Dee to Weezer. When asked about his nickname, Coleman remarked that "over the years of playin lotsa late night clubs you're bound to meet plenty of sweet, sweet special ladies.Only trouble was everytime I was ready to leave town one of them would always call and ask "are we gonna see each other again?" It was at this point I'd just say," Baby, you got the wrong number".

3 comments:

KMcGstudio said...

Looks like he should be playing in a mariachi band...I guess you could play some mariachi jazz...I see a new genre coming on.

Unknown said...

I like his little feet!

Reetha said...

Nice blog. The presentation is also appreciable. I am so happy to vote and just now I voted for your blog in blogger choice awards. Keep it up and write more please. I invite your valuable visit and suggestions about my Blog, I have suggested your site to my frnds like RAKESH, Easterndish and Fengshui Hope that they also vote for you. Please check your account in bloggerchoice awards to see my vote. I hope you are so kind to vote for my blog also
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551